Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie

This is hands-down, one of the most amazing smoothies I have made to date. Well, that and a carrot cake one I will share later ; ) It's healthy, filling AND chocolatey! Chocolate AND healthy?! Yep, a heavenly match you thought you would never see.  I've definitely eaten it for dinner on a few occasions, appreciating the fact that I am kid-less for the time being and can eat a chocolate smoothie for dinner if I want to! Haha, I love it!


**LOVE**

I always love finding something that is healthy (and that I can eat, and not feel sick) AND equally as satisfying and hits the craving. I'd admit, those miraculous discoveries are few and far between, but when I find one it is glorious! This completely satisfied my chocolate craving and gave me the nutrients and energy I needed. 

Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie

2 Cups of Chocolate (unsweetened) Almond Milk or cow's milk if you'd rather
1/3 Cup rolled oats
1 frozen banana
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla
1 dropper full of liquid Stevia (did you know Stevia is an antioxidant?)
1 HEAPING tbsp of organic cocoa (organic seriously makes a difference with this stuff!)
1 tbsp of cashew or almond butter (it gives it a batter taste)
1 tbsp of chopped dark chocolate 
2 ice cubes

In a measuring cup, mix the oats and the almond milk. Place in fridge and let it soak for at least 1 hour to soften, this prevents the oats from feeling too gritty in the smoothie.

After soaking, add to blender along with the rest of the ingredients (except chocolate pieces) blend on high speed until smooth. Pour and add chocolate chunks. Serve, guard, and enjoy!


So next time you are craving a chocolate milkshake, give this a try! It's a healthy option you can feel good about, and you won't feel like you are missing out an a thing....it's the people who decided not to have it for dinner that are missing out!  ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment